Saturday 25 December 2010

Yuletime traditions.

I've always liked traditions and superstitions, and luckily December's full of 'em.

 On Christmas Day my dad, being the secretive bastard he is; likes to play a game in which he essentially pretends he's got us a crap gift (or in some cases no gifts at all) and then at some point later in the day, whip out a gift from behind my ear or hidden in the turkey or something ridiculous along those lines. On Christmas eve, my friends and I successfully manage to go to our Christmas eve curry and eat more food that any one man should ever eat. On Boxing Day I like to spend the day simply sitting around playing with anything new and then, at 1pm exactly, go for a wee walk around my hometown just so I feel like I've done some exercise in the last few weeks. 

Wherever you are, whatever you do, whatever you believe, I think it's nice to think of this as a time for things you know with people you love. 
Merry Christmas.

P.s My dad just told me I'm a loser with no friends for writing a blog to myself on Christmas day. Good times.
P.s.s I just read this and thought it was pretty suitable for the Christmas season. Happy holidays x

1 comment:

  1. I think gifts hidden in the turkey would greatly improve my christmas.
    Merry Christmas fella

    ReplyDelete